My client based in South Manchester is offering a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning, entrepreneurial business with a vastly experienced management team. The business has doubled in size annually for the last 3 years and is forecasting the same this financial year. Our Client is a provider of uniquely structured, short-term bridging loans which can be used towards property purchases, refinance or development projects.
They are now looking to appoint an experienced Senior Financial Controller. Working in partnership with the MD, set out Company strategy to identify and advise on risk and direction for company growth. Take overall control and responsibility of the Company’s finance function. Lead a small team of staff to ensure robust and compliant finance services are provided and control of budgets and processes are managed effectively. The Financial Controller will possess advances Microsoft Excel Skills and be highly numerate.
- Managing a small team of 4-5 people.
- Managing the Loan Books, including checking of loan completions, retention releases and redemptions.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Ensuring control over the bank accounts, mandates and inter-company processes.
- Managing Aged Creditors and Accounts Payable processes.
- Supporting the preparation of the monthly MI.
- Improving / establishing efficient and well controlled finance processes, which are scalable in a rapidly growing business.
- Supporting the development of the financial systems and internal control procedures.
- Liaising with company accountants on the preparation of annual financial reports for all group companies.
- Working with the MD on business growth strategies.
- Lead, manage and develop finance staff and supervise day to day finance processing and cash flow management.
- Manage the loan book and balance sheets.
- Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including consolidated accounts and inter-company processes.
- Manage the monthly borrower and funder processes.
- Overall responsibility to prepare high quality monthly MI and reporting pack to include variance analysis and KPI’s.
- Identify and deliver methods to improve efficient and well controlled financial processes which are scalable in a rapidly growing business.
- Develop the financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
- Be responsible for coordinating and managing the preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly fixed budgets.
- Liaise with Company Accountants on the preparation of annual financial reports for all group Companies.
- In partnership with the MD develop and implement business growth strategies.
- Overall responsibility to ensure that finance practices are in line with professional accounting standards and codes of practice.
- Act as the department risk champion and seek to develop the Management Accountant in this area.
Candidate Profile and range of experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 2 years PQE.
- Proven track record of identifying and implementing process improvements and financial control processes.
- Relevant experience in Financial Services/Banking is essential.
- Advanced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
- Hands on and prepared to roll your sleeves up.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent system skills; experience with Sage 50 and integration with other systems is an advantage.
- Have Advanced Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word experience.
- Be highly numerate and have exceptional attention to detail and apply a methodical approach.
- Be comfortable with change and invoking process change.
- Be prepared to contribute to ideas to improve finance systems, processes and controls; and support their implementation.
- Be able to manage competing priorities and deliver on time deadlines.
- Cover colleagues’ roles during periods of absences.
- Be confident to escalate issues to management.