Our client is about as far removed from a standard accountancy practice as you could imagine. They are an innovative and forward-thinking organisation which works with their clients to help them grow and develop in ways that they might not have otherwise thought of. A typical client would be a high net worth entrepreneurial owner/managed corporate business. The company has grown by word of mouth referral, which says much about the quality of their service and their people. They employ a strong team of qualified Client Managers with a can-do attitude.
They are looking to recruit a Client Manager to take responsibility for a portfolio of up to five key clients, which will involve a range of services from corporate accountancy support and tax planning, through to compliance and strategic support. Full in-house training is provided, with a build up to taking ultimate ownership for their own clients. Reporting to the Directors, you will work with clients ranging from small to medium companies. They help to develop their clients’ businesses through the provision of strong corporate accountancy support and guidance.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Managing a portfolio of no more than 8 of your own clients as Client Manager.
- Ensuring all accounts and taxation work is carried out to an extremely high standard.
- Ensuring each client is compliant with required regulations.
- After full training, proactive tax planning for both the individual and the company.
- Helping the client’s team to do things better –training, coaching and mentoring the client’s own team, where appropriate.
- Sharing best practice with clients.
- The ability to multi task several priorities at the same time – to balance clients’ demands.
- They care about their clients – it’s not just a job – this is key to the business.
- ACA/ACCA qualified in the last four years ideally.
- Technical skills to include all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) plus Iris, Sage.
- Maybe considering a move away from practice to industry.
- Maybe considering a move from industry back into practice, but wants something different.
- Our Client offers Vitality Healthcare after 6 months’ probation and runs a Commit to be Fit Programme offering a monthly competition for hitting self-chosen health and fitness goals!
- They offer 50% off nursery/ childcare costs for one child after 6 months’ probation.
- Our client is passionate about learning so they will encourage you to attend continual professional and self-development courses – there is no limit to how many you can go on.
- They provide you with use of a mobile phone and laptop.
- They do not believe in hourly billing and timesheets – the majority of the work they do is on retainer and all other assignments are agreed at the start negating the necessity for onerous clock watching.