Our client provides foreign exchange, Interest rate, commodity and money-market services to predominantly mid-sized UK companies. The way in which they differentiate is through their people. By hiring the right people, they can ensure that the service they give their clients is extraordinary and memorable.
- Client Managers are responsible for the acquisition and retention of clients for the Corporate Treasury business. This is done by delivering the best end-to-end client experience in the corporate banking market.
- New client relationships are acquired from a number of sources including: booking meetings directly, attending meetings arranged via the Sales Intelligence team, referrals from your external network and existing TPO clients.
- You may also be responsible for generating business opportunities from an assigned origination desk.
- Client Managers will be responsible for clearly articulating to prospective clients how they can add value to their business, and demonstrating how they will fulfil on their promise of delivering a relationship based, high service experience.
- You will be responsible for successfully navigating the Onboarding experience for the client.
- Ensuring that all AML policies, documentation requirements, credit & financial processes are made simple and easy for the prospective client. At the same time you will need to seamlessly introduce them to the Product Specialists (who are responsible for developing discussions on product ideas and the execution of trades).
- You will be responsible for representing the client at internal credit forums (alongside credit analysts) to secure appropriate credit lines and for providing their credit function with timely information with which to assess the counterparty from a risk perspective.
- Once a client’s trust has been won and they begin trading, the Client Manager will work alongside the Product Specialists to ensure that they deliver the best possible service and begin a process of unbedding down” that relationship, solving problems and removing all barriers to a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Over time as the relationship develops the Client Manager will look for ways to broaden the relationship by gaining a deep understanding of the client’s business needs and forming relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the company (not just the day-to-day contact), You will create awareness of our clients full capabilities with the aim of becoming the first port of can for the range of financial services they offer and wrapping their arms as much as possible around the company.
- The ultimate objective is to win 100% of every client’s business, as well as retaining them indefinitely – due to a combination of tangible ‘operational reliance’, as well as the intangible barrier of being able to provide a superb and unmatched client experience.
- Each Client Manager will be assigned a territory in which they will operate – this could be a combination of region, industry and potentially client type (which could be matched to another client origination desk within the company).
Approved person status:
- Customer CF30 (not a pre-requisite).
- Will talk in detail about regulated FX products and discuss real pricing via term sheets, face to face and on the phone.
- The client managers are the first part of the audit trail in the sales cycle of the regulated product set.
Core Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent sales & business development skills. An ability to open, grow and nurture relationships.
- A people person. Able to connect with clients of all types in an empathic manner.
- Ability to identify treasury risks and clearly explain how a client could mitigate those risks.
- A firm grasp of financial markets and ability to communicate clearly on current events, financial and political that will impact markets and their clients.
- Ability to identify bank wide opportunities at a strategic level with clients.
- A good grasp of corporate credit analysis.
- A thirst for knowledge and understanding.
- A problem finder and solver.
- High levels of self-motivation, self-discipline and drive.
- Someone who proudly wears their heart on their sleeve. They must have an instinct for the possible, a thirst for adventure and have a desire to shape their own destiny in a business where their journey has just begun and its future will be shaped by the people involved.
- Entrepreneurial, inquisitive, humble, respectful of others.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Acts with integrity at all times and embraces the philosophy of treating their customers fairly.
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role.