Our client is looking for a motivated and results-oriented Business Development Executive. You will have experience researching and acquiring SME customers, a curiosity for payments/FX and a continuous desire to better understand your customer’s needs. The successful candidate will influence decision makers by understanding their business challenges and articulating the benefits of our payments solutions and risk management capabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a high growth and fast moving fintech team. They are one of Europe’s most established foreign exchange specialists. They were the first company in the UK outside the banking industry to offer specialist currency services. With offices in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America, we are looking for people eager to be a part of an exciting growth journey.
Key Responsibilities and Outputs:
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets and performance KPI’s.
- Proactively research and identify lead opportunities.
- Cold call or contact clients and prospect in assigned regions, segments and/or industries.
- Leverage marketing automation and sales enablement tools to effectively manage leads through the entire sales process.
- Expert understanding of our clients products and capabilities: platform(s) for receiving and sending payments, hedging tools for managing currency volatility and recurring market commentary providing valuable insights in to the broader business and economic landscape. This includes both generic FX and also the Mass payments Platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of your prospect’s business and validate customer needs and decision criteria on an ongoing basis.
- Daily use of Salesforce.com to ensure your pipeline is always up-to-date and accurate.
Skills and Requirements:
- A proven sales professional with experience in the FX/payments or related industry.
- Preference for an existing network of potential prospects.
- History of exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
- A persistent will to succeed.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Present themselves in a professional manner with excellent presentation and communication skills across all media.
- A passion for learning and desire to advance sales and business skills.
- Proficiency with required business applications: D n B / Duedil (or similar), Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, Online demonstration and/or conferencing tools.
- Multi-language skills considered a significant advantage.